The Ezra H. Baker Innovation School is a Pre-Kindergarten through grade 3 school in the Town of Dennis. Our school serves a diverse population of learners. Our enrollment of 406 students includes academically talented, typical, and struggling learners. Our work is guided by our four core beliefs:
- All students can learn;
- All students can achieve at high levels;
- All students are entitled to a complete education;
- All students can use what they know to make a difference in the world!
The Latest Baker Business:
Well there is no doubt about it…March has indeed come in like a lion! The pace this month will be ferocious, to say the least. In March, all schools celebrate literacy, beginning with the anniversary of the birth day of Dr.Seuss. We kick off Read Across America Month with an assembly for all students tomorrow, Tuesday, at 9:45. Other events will follow throughout the month. Please keep the following in mind:
- Kindergarten registration is open! Any child who will be 5 years old before September 1, 2015, is eligible to register for the kindergarten class of 2015!
- In March, we hold our second round of parent/teacher conferences. On March 10th and March 12th, school will be dismissed at 12:10 for conferences. No lunch will be served.
- There will be no school on March 20th for teacher professional development.
- In March, our third graders will take the PARCC assessment. This new state assessment will replace MCAS this year in grades 3-8. Third graders will be tested in literacy and math on March 23, 24, 25, 31, and April 2, 2015. Students will be tested again in May. We are planning a parent information meeting on Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM. More information will follow.