Click the link below for a list of the latest events:
The Ezra H. Baker Innovation School is a Pre-Kindergarten through grade 3 school in the Town of Dennis. Our school serves a diverse population of learners. Our enrollment of 406 students includes academically talented, typical, and struggling learners. Our work is guided by our four core beliefs:
- All students can learn;
- All students can achieve at high levels;
- All students are entitled to a complete education;
- All students can use what they know to make a difference in the world!
The Latest Baker Business:
When we return from April vacation, we set our sights on finishing the year well! When we returned to school this week, we returned to a building that had received a spring make-over, thanks to volunteers from Comcast and our own faculty! Comcast Cares Day was a huge success! Last Saturday, volunteers painted the cafeteria, nurse’s office, teachers’ room, the Early Education room, 100 second and third grade student desks, the playground fence, and also planted in the Reading Garden! The updated surroundings really lifted the spirits of students and staff alike! The event was spear-headed by Comcast employees and EHBi parents, Terry Deveau and Evan Cohen, who worked for many hours before the actual event to make sure that all went smoothly! Thank you to all who helped!
Other important information:
- We are currently enrolling students for next year’s kindergarten class. If you know a child who will be 5 before September 1, 2015, they should enroll for kindergarten now. Kindergarten visits will be scheduled for June 1st and 2nd. Remember, Dennis-Yarmouth is a school choice district.
- Third grade students will take the end of year PARCC tests on May 12-14. Third graders will take 2 math units and one Reading/Writing Unit that week. Students will be treated to a grade 3 breakfast on each day of testing. Student results will be sent home in late fall, 2015.
- The end of the year is filled with activities and field trips. Check out our link to upcoming events on our school web-page.