Winter Sports Tryout Schedule
All Winter Sports Start on Monday December 1
Boys / Girls Freshman Basketball 2:30 - 4:30 upper/lower gym
Boys / Girls Varsity Basketball Tryouts 4:30 - 6:30 Upper/Lower Gym
Boys Ice Hockey Practice Schedule
12/1 8:40pm TKA
12/2 4:00pm TKA
12/3 7:00pm TKA
12/4 3:00pm / JV 4:10pm TKA
12/5 7:10 Scrimmage
Girls Ice Hockey Practice Schedule
12/1 7:40pm TKA
12/2 3:00pm TKA
12/3 8:00pm TKA
12/4 8:10pm TKA
12/5 4:00pm TKA
12/6 5:10pm at Gallo Jamboree 3:45 bus from TKA
Girls Winter Track
12/1, 12/2, 12/3, 12/4, 12/5 2:15 Large Cafe
12/3, 12/5, and 12/10 6:30pm -8:30pm lower gym high jumpers, hurdles, shot put
YOU MUST SIGN UP ONLINE USING FAMILY ID.COM
YOU MUST HAVE A VALID PHYSICAL
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION WILL BE DONE COMPLETELY ONLINE THIS YEAR STARTING AFTER OCTOBER 20TH
Winter Sports Sign ups will take place after October 20th and will be done completely online through the company Family ID. All parents will need to register through this online web page. Registration will be open from October 20th until November 30th. You must register within that time period to be able to participate in Winter Sports.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration through the partner company, FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile, so you enter your information only once for multiple uses, multiple family members and multiple programs.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER
PHYSICAL EXAMS: A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If the student’s physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received.
COMPLETE ONLINE CONCUSSION COURSE: The state law requires that student/athletes along with their parent(s)/guardian(s) complete an online concussion course. During registration you will be asked to sign off that you have completed this course: http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, all contact information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
https://www.familyid.com/dennis-yarmouth and following these steps:
- Under the "Programs" title, click on the link for the program you want to sign up for. Scroll to bottom of page to either Sign Up as a Family or Individual if this is your first time using FamilyID, or Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign-Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID, and then complete the information requested on the registration form. When you have completed the form, click the "Save & Continue" button.
- Review your registration summary and click "Confirm Registration" to submit. Once completed, you will receive an email receipt from firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also view your completed registration on your Dashboard. You can log into https://www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s).
You can always find our programs at www.familyid.com by clicking "Find Programs" in the top blue banner and searching for our organization name.If you need assistance with you registration, you can call Family ID at 888-800-5583 X1 or email email@example.com. FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours and a support center at https://familyid.desk.com. Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Physicals are good for 13 months
- Any student that wishes to play a sport at DY must have a valid physical, turn in permission forms, and Please make sure your parents complete the online concussion course and fill out all concussion forms listed below. These will need to be turned into the athletics director or your coach prior to the first day of practice.
- The concussion course link is http://nfhslearn.com
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
At or before the start of each sport or band season, all students who plan
to participate in extracurricular athletic activities must complete and submit to the athletic director a current Department of Public Health Pre-participation Form signed by both the student and the parent.
If a student sustains a head injury or concussion during the season, the DPH Report of Head Injury During a Sports Season form must be completed by 1) the coach or band director if the injury or suspected concussion occurs during a practice or game or 2) by a parent if the injury occurs outside the school setting and forwarded to the coach or band director.
Heads up Concussion fact sheet for Athletes