FREE PHYSICALS FOR ALL DY STUDENTS FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 12.
Dr. Colmer will provide free physicals to all DY students on Friday September 12. This physical will cover all athletes to participate in a sport for the entire school year. Any student that would like to have a physical can sign up in the nurses office or the athletic office. Students will need to have a signed permission slip filled out prior to the physical. Permission slips are also available in the athletic office, nurses office, and main office.
- Physicals are good for 13 months
- Permission forms for physicals may be picked up in the nurses office, athletic office or main office and can be dropped off in the main office
- Any student that wishes to play a sport at DY must have a valid physical, turn in permission forms, and Please make sure your parents complete the online concussion course and fill out all concussion forms listed below. These will need to be turned into the athletics director or your coach prior to the first day of practice.
- The concussion course link is http://nfhslearn.com/
- All Fall sports scheudules are listed on this web site.
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
At or before the start of each sport or band season, all students who plan
to participate in extracurricular athletic activities must complete and submit to the athletic director a current Department of Public Health Pre-participation Form signed by both the student and the parent.
If a student sustains a head injury or concussion during the season, the DPH Report of Head Injury During a Sports Season form must be completed by 1) the coach or band director if the injury or suspected concussion occurs during a practice or game or 2) by a parent if the injury occurs outside the school setting and forwarded to the coach or band director.
Heads up Concussion fact sheet for Athletes