CONGRATULATIONS TO THE DY FIELD HOCKEY TEAM FOR THEIR THRILLING 1 - 0 OVERTIME WIN YESTERDAY AGAINST FRANKLIN HIGH SCHOOL
THE DOLPHINS WILL PLAY THE WINNER OF WALPOLE VS WELLESELY SOMETIME EARLY NEXT WEEK
The DY volleyball team will compete in the First Round of the MIAA Division 2 South Tournament on Tuesday 11/4 verses Dartmouth High School.
The game will be here at DY starting at 6:00pm. Tickets will be $7 for adults and $5 for students.
The Athletic Department will selling Lagoonatics Bleed Green LongSleeve Shirts for the Game. They are $15 dollars and we would love to have "Green Out" in the stands to support our ACL Championship Volleyball Team.
WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION WILL BE DONE COMPLETELY ONLINE THIS YEAR STARTING AFTER OCTOBER 20TH
Winter Sports Sign ups will take place after October 20th and will be done completely online through the company Family ID. All parents will need to register through this online web page. Registration will be open from October 20th until November 30th. You must register within that time period to be able to participate in Winter Sports.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration through the partner company, FamilyID (www.familyid.com). FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs, and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, the system keeps track of your information in your FamilyID profile, so you enter your information only once for multiple uses, multiple family members and multiple programs.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER
PHYSICAL EXAMS: A physical exam must be current within the past 13 months and signed by the physician. If the student’s physical expires during the season, they will not be able to play until a new physical exam is received.
COMPLETE ONLINE CONCUSSION COURSE: The state law requires that student/athletes along with their parent(s)/guardian(s) complete an online concussion course. During registration you will be asked to sign off that you have completed this course: http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, all contact information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
https://www.familyid.com/dennis-yarmouth and following these steps:
- Under the "Programs" title, click on the link for the program you want to sign up for. Scroll to bottom of page to either Sign Up as a Family or Individual if this is your first time using FamilyID, or Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign-Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID, and then complete the information requested on the registration form. When you have completed the form, click the "Save & Continue" button.
- Review your registration summary and click "Confirm Registration" to submit. Once completed, you will receive an email receipt from email@example.com. You can also view your completed registration on your Dashboard. You can log into https://www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s).
You can always find our programs at www.familyid.com by clicking "Find Programs" in the top blue banner and searching for our organization name.If you need assistance with you registration, you can call Family ID at 888-800-5583 X1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours and a support center at https://familyid.desk.com. Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
FREE PHYSICALS FOR ALL DY STUDENTS TUESDAY NOVEMBER 18.
Dr. Colmer will provide free physicals to all DY students on Tuesday November 18. This physical will cover all athletes to participate in a sport for the entire school year. Any student that would like to have a physical can sign up in the nurses office or the athletic office. Students will need to have a signed permission slip filled out prior to the physical. Permission slips are also available in the athletic office, nurses office, and main office.
- Physicals are good for 13 months
- Permission forms for physicals may be picked up in the nurses office, athletic office or main office and can be dropped off in the main office
- Any student that wishes to play a sport at DY must have a valid physical, turn in permission forms, and Please make sure your parents complete the online concussion course and fill out all concussion forms listed below. These will need to be turned into the athletics director or your coach prior to the first day of practice.
- The concussion course link is http://nfhslearn.com/
- All Fall sports scheudules are listed on this web site.
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
At or before the start of each sport or band season, all students who plan
to participate in extracurricular athletic activities must complete and submit to the athletic director a current Department of Public Health Pre-participation Form signed by both the student and the parent.
If a student sustains a head injury or concussion during the season, the DPH Report of Head Injury During a Sports Season form must be completed by 1) the coach or band director if the injury or suspected concussion occurs during a practice or game or 2) by a parent if the injury occurs outside the school setting and forwarded to the coach or band director.
Heads up Concussion fact sheet for Athletes