Winter Sports Sign Up Instructions & Key Dates
- To Sign up for a Spring sport at DY you must do so through FamilyID.com
- Online Payment Now Available Pay Online
- You must have a valid Physical. Physicals are good for 13 months and must be checked by the Athletic Director and School Nurse.
- FREE PHYSICALS WILL BE DONE AT DY ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 22 BY DR. COLMER.
- STUDENTS MAY SIGN UP IN THE NURSES OFFICE, MAIN OFFICE OR ATHLETICS OFFICE
ALL ATHLETES MUST BE IMPACT/ CONCUSSION TESTED BY OUR ATHLETIC TRAINER. THIS WILL OCCUR BY SPORT THE WEEK OF 11/14 - 11/18. TEAM, DAY AND DATE LISTED BELOW.
11/15 BOYS AND GIRLS ICE HOCKEY ROOM 017 2:30PM
11/16 BOYS AND GIRLS BASKETBALL ROOM 017 2:30PM
11/17 BOYS AND GIRLS WINTER TRACK ROOM 017 2:30PM
- WINTER SPORTS REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL THURSDAY NOVEMBER 18TH
- You must be registered before FRIDAY NOVEMBER 18th
- MONDAY NOVEMBER 28th is first day of WINTER SPORTS practice.
ALL PARENTS NEED TO COMPLETE:
COMPLETE ONLINE CONCUSSION COURSE: The state law requires that student/athletes along with their parent(s)/guardian(s) complete an online concussion course. During registration you will be asked to sign off that you have completed this course: http://nfhslearn.com/courses/38000
INFORMATION NEEDED TO REGISTER
It will be helpful to have the following information handy to allow for accurate completion of your online registration.
Doctor information, Health Insurance Information, all contact information
A parent/guardian should register by clicking on this link:
https://www.familyid.com/dennis-yarmouth and following these steps:
- Under the "Programs" title, click on the link for the program you want to sign up for. Scroll to bottom of page to either Sign Up as a Family or Individual if this is your first time using FamilyID, or Log In if you already have a FamilyID account.
- Sign-Up for your secure FamilyID account by entering your family name, email address and password. You will receive an email with a link to confirm your new account. (If you don’t see the email, check your spam or junk folders.)
- Click on the link in your email confirmation, which will log you in to FamilyID, and then complete the information requested on the registration form. When you have completed the form, click the "Save & Continue" button.
- Review your registration summary and click "Confirm Registration" to submit. Once completed, you will receive an email receipt from email@example.com. You can also view your completed registration on your Dashboard. You can log into https://www.familyid.com at any time to update your information and to check your registration(s).
You can always find our programs at www.familyid.com by clicking "Find Programs" in the top blue banner and searching for our organization name.If you need assistance with you registration, you can call Family ID at 888-800-5583 X1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. FamilyID also offers online chat during business hours and a support center at https://familyid.desk.com. Support is available 7 days per week and messages will be returned promptly.
- Physicals are good for 13 months
- Any student that wishes to play a sport at DY must have a valid physical, turn in permission forms, and Please make sure your parents complete the online concussion course and fill out all concussion forms listed below. These will need to be turned into the athletics director or your coach prior to the first day of practice.
- The concussion course link is http://nfhslearn.com
Dr. Paul Funk
Dennis-Yarmouth Regional High School
At or before the start of each sport or band season, all students who plan
to participate in extracurricular athletic activities must complete and submit to the athletic director a current Department of Public Health Pre-participation Form signed by both the student and the parent.
If a student sustains a head injury or concussion during the season, the DPH Report of Head Injury During a Sports Season form must be completed by 1) the coach or band director if the injury or suspected concussion occurs during a practice or game or 2) by a parent if the injury occurs outside the school setting and forwarded to the coach or band director.
Heads up Concussion fact sheet for Athletes